Owned by our farm families in New York & New England — Since 1919
There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
Pineapple Black Bean Salsa
1 cup raw brown rice
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 bell peppers (any color), cut into thin strips
1 large onion, cut into thin strips
4 ounces Cabot Pepper Jack, Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar or Cabot Jalapeno Light Cheddar, grated (about 1 cup)
1/4 cup Cabot 2% Plain Greek-Style Yogurt
1. Make salsa and set aside.
2. Cook rice according to package directions.
3. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, salt and black pepper. Add chicken and toss until evenly coated; set aside.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in large skillet over medium heat; add peppers and onions and cook, stirring often, until slightly softened, about 7 minutes.
Transfer vegetables to separate bowl and set aside.
5. Add remaining tablespoon of oil to skillet; when oil is hot, add chicken and cook, stirring and turning pieces occasionally, until cooked through to center, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
6. For each serving, layer about 1/2 cup hot rice, 1/2 cup vegetables, 2/3 cup salsa and 2 to 3 ounces of chicken in bowl; top with some of cheese and dollop of yogurt.
Try this with our Pineapple Black Bean Salsa .