Owned by our farm families in New York & New England — Since 1919
Sara on 10/28/2013I made this recipe for my family and it received 10 thumbs up from my 6 year old!
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1 small red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1 clove garlic, minced
2 small Roma tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup torn cilantro leaves
2 ounces Cabot Sharp Light Cheddar, grated (about 1/2 cup)
4 whole-wheat tortillas
1. Grate 1 teaspoon of lime rind from 1 lime into a large zip-top plastic bag; cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice into the bag. Add olive oil, cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper to bag. Add chicken, tossing well to coat. Seal bag and let marinate in refrigerator at least 30 minutes or up to overnight.
2. Toss tomato, cilantro, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and the juice of the remaining lime in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. Coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic to pan; sauté 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Remove from pan and set aside, keeping warm. Wipe pan clean with paper towels; coat with cooking spray.
4. Remove chicken from bag. Add to pan and sauté over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
5. Divide cooked chicken, pepper mixture, tomato and shredded cheese evenly among tortillas and roll-up. Serve immediately.
**Tip: To save time, look for pre-cut frozen bell pepper and onion strips in the frozen vegetable section of your supermarket.