Owned by our farm families in New York & New England — Since 1919
There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
*Nutrition analysis based on using Cabot Tomato Basil Cheddar.
Basil Cheddar Mayonnaise
3 ounces Cabot Tomato Basil Cheddar or Sharp Cheddar, grated* (about 3/4 cup)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2 cups cold water
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons sugar
About 1 tablespoon olive oil
4 large rounds pita bread
Thinly sliced vine-ripened tomatoes and zucchini
To make mayonnaise:
1. In small bowl, combine all ingredients; cover and refrigerate until ready to assemble pitas.
To grill chicken and assemble pitas:
1. Place chicken between two sheets plastic wrap and pound with mallet or heavy skillet until about 1/2 inch thick.
2. In large zip-close plastic bag, combine water, salt and sugar; jiggle bag until salt and sugar are dissolved. Add chicken, pressing out excess air; seal and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat grill to high. Remove chicken from brine and pat dry (discard brine). Lightly coat both sides with oil.
4. Grill until browned on both sides and cooked through to center, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from grill and let stand for 5 minutes for juices to settle.
5. Meanwhile, remove top third from each pita and open to form large pocket; place pockets on grill until warm and lightly colored, about 2 minutes.
6. Slice chicken breasts thinly on bias. Spread one side of each pocket with Basil Cheddar Mayonnaise and top with chicken. Add tomato and zucchini and serve.