Owned by our farm families in New York & New England — Since 1919
There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
*Nutrition analysis based on using Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar.
2 large vine-ripened tomatoes
1 pound homemade or store-bought pizza dough
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
8 ounces Cabot Mild Lactose-Free Cheddar, Sharp Cheddar, or Extra Sharp Cheddar, grated* (about 2 cups)
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
1. Prepare medium-hot fire on one half of charcoal grill or preheat one side of gas grill to high, leaving other side unlit (if gas grill has only one burner, preheat to high and lower heat to cook second side.)
2. Remove core from tomatoes; cut in half crosswise and gently squeeze out as many seeds and juice as will come out easily. Cut into thin slices.
3. Divide pizza dough into 4 equal balls; on floured work surface, roll/stretch each ball out into approximate 6-inch circle. Bring dough and toppings to grill.
4. Place two dough circles on heated side of grill; when dough is puffed and browned on underside, about 2 minutes, turn over with tongs and cook until second side is lightly colored, about 1 minute longer.
5. Remove crusts from grill. Drizzle each with some of oil. Cover with half of tomato slices and season with salt and pepper. Top with half of cheese and scatter half of thyme leaves on top. Return to unheated side of grill (or reduce heat on one-burner gas grill to very low). Cover grill and cook pizzas until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes. Slide pizzas back over heat or increase heat if crust needs additional crisping on bottom.
6. Use tongs to slide pizzas onto serving plate or cutting board. Repeat with remaining dough circles and toppings.