Owned by our farm families in New York & New England — Since 1919
There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
*Nutrition analysis does not include sauce
1 1/4 pounds 100% ground chuck
Pinch ground black pepper
2 ounces Cabot Horseradish Cheddar, grated (about 1/2 cup)
2 ounces Fanny Mason Baby Swiss Cheese, grated
2 ounces Great Hill Blue Cheese, crumbled (available from igourmet.com)
4 hamburger buns
8 thin slices red onion
4 slices large ripe beefsteak tomato
1/2 bunch arugula
Zesty Three Cheese Sauce
1/3 cup Great Hill Blue Cheese, crumbled (available from igourmet.com)
1 1/4 ounces Cabot Horseradish Cheddar, grated (about 1/3 cup)
1/4 cup Fanny Mason Baby Swiss Cheese, grated
1/4 cup roughly torn fresh basil leaves
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons Vermont Butter & Cheese Creme Fraiche (available from igourmet.com)
Zest of half lemon
(Combine all ingredients and mix together well.)
1. In large bowl, break up ground chuck and add salt and pepper; mix gently until well combined. Divide into four equal portions; divide each portion in half, then form each half into 4-inch diameter patty.
2. In another bowl, combine cheeses. Press mixture into four 1 1/2-inch rounds; place one round on top of each of four of patties. Top each with another patty, pressing edges together to seal.
3. Preheat barbecue grill to medium-high, brushing rack with oil, or preheat broiler.
4. Grill or broil burgers to desired degree of doneness, about 3 minutes per side for rare, 4 minutes for medium or 5 minutes for well-done.
5. Meanwhile, grill or broil buns until lightly toasted and onion slices until lightly colored.
6. Place burgers on bun bottoms and top with onions. Add tomato, arugula and some of Zesty Three Cheese Sauce. Add bun tops and serve.
Recipe courtesy of chef Jon Ashton