Owned by our farm families in New York & New England — Since 1919
this recipe makes a hard day at work a laid back, I dont have to cook dinner night. It's really easy and my kids love it. on 12/04/2010
4 medium baking potatoes
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1 teaspoon canola oil
1 cup Cabot No Fat Cottage Cheese
2 teaspoons 1% milk
1/2 teaspoon "lite" salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 ounces Cabot Pepper Jack Light, grated (about 1 cup)
Paprika to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Scrub potatoes, pierce in several places with fork and arrange in baking dish.
3. Bake for 1 hour, or until tender when pierced with knife. Set aside to cool slightly.
4. Meanwhile, combine green onions and oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; cook stirring, until tender. Transfer to bowl.
5. Cut potatoes lengthwise in half and scoop out as much softened potato as possible,leaving skins intact. Add potato to green onions in bowl. Stir in cottage cheese,
milk, salt and pepper. Stir in cheese.
6. Spoon mixture back into potato skins. Arrange in 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle tops with paprika.
7. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until potatoes are heated through and cheese is melted.