Owned by our farm families in New York & New England — Since 1919
There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
1 1/2 sheets matzo
4 large eggs
2 ounces Cabot Monterey Jack, grated (about 1/2 cup)
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons Cabot Salted Butter
1/2 cup grated carrots
1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli or frozen broccoli, thawed and squeezed dry
Prepared basil pesto (optional)
1. Break matzo into approximate 2-inch pieces. Place in medium bowl and cover with warm water. Set aside until softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Drain matzo, squeeze dry and return to bowl. Add eggs, cheese, mustard and salt; whisk to combine.
3. Preheat broiler. In 8-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add carrots and broccoli and cook, stirring, until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
4. Pour matzo mixture over vegetables in skillet and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook until underside is nicely browned, about 10 minutes (top will not be set).
5. Place skillet under broiler (cover handle with heavy duty foil if not heat-proof). Cook mixture until top is set and golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Cut into quarters and serve topped with pesto, if desired.