Owned by our farm families in New York & New England — Since 1919
There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
1 medium eggplant, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
1 medium onion, sliced 1/4-inch thick
1/4 cup peanut oil
salt and pepper
2 cups meatless marinara sauce
10 slices Cabot Sharp Light Cheddar
1/2 cup milk
1. Preheat broiler. Spray a broiler pan with non-stick vegetable spray.
2. Arrange eggplant and onion on prepared broiler pan and brush generously with peanut oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Place under preheated broiler. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side until vegetables are beginning to brown and soften slightly.
4. Turn off broiler and set aside.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F.
6. Spread 1/2 cup marinara sauce over the bottom of a 9-inch square baking dish.
7. Top with a sheet of matzo and then with 5 slices of Cabot Sharp Light Cheddar. Layer the eggplant and onion on top and pour 1 cup of the marinara sauce over.
8. Top with remaining matzo, marinara sauce and cheese slices.
9. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs with milk. Pour over ingredients in baking dish.
10. Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 55 minutes or until lasagna is set in center. Cool for 10 minutes before cutting into portions with a sharp knife.