There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
6 large whole-grain or buttermilk “refrigerator” biscuits
1 1/2 cups milk
2 tablespoons Cabot Salted Butter
3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1 1/2 cups frozen cubed butternut squash
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, or more to taste
1 pound salmon fillet, skin removed and cut into pieces
1/2 cup Cabot 2% Plain Greek-Style Yogurt or Plain Greek-Style Yogurt
1. Press biscuits down over upside-down large muffin pan to form “cups”, or place on baking sheet to make regular biscuits. Bake according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in microwave or small saucepan, heat milk to just below simmer.
3. In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook, stirring for about 1 minute. A small amount at a time, whisk in hot milk, whisking until milk is absorbed and mixture is smooth after each addition. Continue whisking until sauce is simmering and thickened, about 2 minutes.
4. Add squash, peas, corn, thyme, sugar, salt and pepper, and cook for a few minutes longer, stirring often, until vegetables are heated through and squash is tender. Taste, adding more salt and pepper as needed.
5. Stir in salmon and let cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until opaque in center. Remove from heat and stir in yogurt. Rewarm if needed, but do not let sauce simmer to avoid curdling.
6. Serve in biscuit cups or over split biscuits.