There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
1 bunch asparagus
6 cups 99% fat free chicken broth
2 tablespoons Cabot Unsalted Butter
1 onion, minced
1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
1 1/2 cups Cabot Seriously Sharp Shredded Cheese
Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
1. Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Prepare bowl of ice water.
2. Trim off and discard tough ends of asparagus. Cut off tips. Cut stalks into 2-inch pieces, peeling first if skin is tough.
3. Add asparagus to boiling water and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or just until al dente. Drain immediately and place in ice water until cooled. Drain and set aside.
4. In medium saucepan, bring chicken broth to simmer over medium-high heat. While broth heats, melt butter in large heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until translucent, about 8 minutes.
5. Add rice and stir until lightly toasted and coated in butter, about 1 minute longer. Add wine and stir until absorbed, about 2 minutes.
6. Add 1/2 cup of broth, stirring often until absorbed. Continue adding broth, about 1/2 cup at a time, allowing liquid to be absorbed before adding more and stirring often.
7. Once risotto has reached creamy consistency and broth is almost all used, add tomatoes, thyme and reserved asparagus, stirring to combine.
8. Add cheddar and remaining broth to risotto, stirring to melt and combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Liz Harty, a Boston-based chef, food writer and the Catering Manager at Formaggio Kitchen in Cambridge, MA.