There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
1 pound lean pork or turkey sausage, or ground turkey
1 medium onion, finely chopped
4 ounces Cabot Jalapeno Light Cheddar, grated (about 1 cup)
2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
3 zip-close plastic bags
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
1.Place rack in top third of oven and preheat oven to 425°F.
2. In medium bowl, mix together meat, onion, cheese and sage. Divide mixture into three equal portions and place each portion in separate plastic bag.
3. On lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry. Roll out as thin as possible; cut lengthwise into three equal strips.
4. Cut off corner of one plastic bag; squeeze mixture in long strip down center of first pastry strip. Brush beaten egg along one long edge of pastry; fold pastry over filling and press edges firmly together to seal.
5. Turn roll so sealed edge is underneath. Press lightly and cut cross-wise into approximate 2-inch sections.
6. Repeat procedure two more times with remaining mixture and pastry strips.
7. Transfer rolls to baking sheets. Brush tops with remaining egg and pierce top of each roll with fork in several places.
8. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until puffed and golden. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jon Ashton