There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil or Cabot Unsalted Butter
1 large egg
1 cup milk
1 cup Cabot 2% Plain Greek-Style Yogurt
1 cup cooked and mashed sweet potato
1. Preheat oven to 450ºF.
2. In large bowl, mix together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt; set aside.
3. If using oil, pour into 10-inch cast iron skillet and place in oven for 5 to 10 minutes to preheat. If using butter, place in skillet and put in oven until melted and hot but not bubbling.
4. Meanwhile, in small bowl, lightly whisk egg; add milk and yogurt and whisk to combine.
5. Add yogurt mixture and sweet potato to dry ingredients, stirring to combine. Stir in hot oil or butter. (It will not incorporate into batter perfectly, which is fine). Pour batter back into hot skillet.
6. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until nicely browned on top and paring knife or skewer inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Let cornbread cool in pan for at least 30 minutes for easy removal.
Recipe courtesy of Jimmy Kennedy.