There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
*Nutrition analysis based on Cabot Sharp Cheddar.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound ground turkey
2 tablespoons mild or hot chili powder
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (2.25-ounce) can sliced olives, drained and chopped
1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
12 corn tortillas
Mini muffin pans
4 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar, Extra Sharp Cheddar or Seriously Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 1 cup)*
To make chili:
1. In large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until shimmering. Add ground turkey and cook, breaking up with wooden spoon, until thoroughly cooked with no juices remaining.
2. Stir in chili powder, garlic and cumin and cook for about 30 seconds longer.
3. Stir in tomato sauce, olives, thyme and oregano and bring to simmer; cook for about 1 minute, then remove from heat. (Chili can be made up to 4 days in advance and reheated in microwave just before serving.)
To make tortilla cups:
1. Preheat oven 400°F. Wrap 3 tortillas in damp paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds or until softened.
2. Cut each tortilla into quarters. Cut a slit from rounded edge of each quarter halfway to center to help shaping and press each quarter into mini muffin cup.
3. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until colored and crisped. Let cool in cups.
4. Repeat with remaining tortillas. (Tortilla cups can be made up to 4 days in advance and stored in airtight container until ready to serve.)
To assemble hors d'oeuvres:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Fill each tortilla cup with about 2 teaspoons of warm filling and top with some of cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.