There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
4 cups diced cooked turkey
3 cups turkey gravy (thin with broth or water if needed)
1 cup additional diced cooked vegetables (such as carrots, onions, fennel, green beans, peas or celery)
Beth’s Best Biscuits
6 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 cup (2 sticks) cold Cabot Salted Butter, cut into pieces
4 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 1 cup)
2 cups very cold lowfat 1% milk
To make filling:
1. In large saucepan, combine turkey, gravy and vegetables; stir over medium heat until hot. Transfer to 9-by-13-inch baking dish, making sure turkey is covered with gravy.
To make biscuits and finish pie:
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; add butter and work into dry ingredients with pastry blender or fork.
3. Stir in cheese. Gradually stir in milk.
4. Turn dough out onto well-floured surface and knead gently (do not overwork). Roll out into 1-inch-thick layer. Cut out biscuits with round cutter or small glass.
5. Arrange biscuits on top of filling. Place extra biscuits on baking sheet.
6. Bake pot pie and biscuits for about 15 minutes or until golden.
Recipe courtesy Beth Kennett, Liberty Hill Farm.