There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
3 large bell peppers (red, yellow or green)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 pound ground turkey
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups cooked brown rice*
1 cup packed fresh spinach leaves, chopped
1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
1/2 (1.25-ounce) package 30%-less-sodium taco seasoning mix (3 tablespoons)
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 ounces Cabot Sharp Light Cheddar, grated (about 1 cup), divided
1. Coat microwave-safe baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Cut bell peppers in half vertically through stem ends; remove seeds and membranes. Place five halves cut-side up in baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high power for 4 minutes.
3. Chop remaining half bell pepper.
4. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat; add turkey, onion, garlic and chopped bell pepper to skillet and cook until browned and tender, breaking up turkey with wooden spoon.
5. Stir in rice, spinach, tomatoes, taco seasoning and black pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
6. Stir half of cheese into turkey mixture, setting remaining half aside. Drain bell pepper halves on paper towels and return to baking dish. Divide filling mixture among peppers. Top with remaining cheese.
7. Cover dish loosely with waxed paper and microwave on high power for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes or until hot. (Alternatively, cover dish with aluminum foil and bake in 350ºF oven for 15 to 20 minutes.)
Recipe courtesy of Annie Watts, Home Economist and Culinary Consultant.