The 1,200 Farm Families who own Cabot Creamery Cooperative are steadfast in our commitment to our families and the communities in which we live and sell our products. We recognize the essential value of volunteerism, and how volunteers make America better. With that in mind, we ask everyone who is able to commit to one day of community service, one act of volunteerism in remembrance of 9/11 Day, the nation’s largest, single day of doing right by our neighbors, our communities and those in need.
The goal of 9/11 Day is to provide a positive way for all people to remember through action, not sorrow and to pay tribute to the 9/11 victims, to honor those who rose in response to the attacks, and to remind people to work together in peace to improve our world.
What can you do? Almost anything that involves volunteer work to make your community a better place. Support a non-profit. Take on a project like building or repairing a playground. Pick up trash for your town. Volunteer at a soup kitchen or food bank. Develop a clothing drive. The possibilities are endless. And when volunteering, use Cabot’s Reward Volunteers 5.0 to track and log your time and activities – or help neighbors find a place to volunteer using the Reward Volunteers app.
When you log your time volunteering on the app, you are entered to win fabulous prizes from our partners such as:
- Ben & Jerry’s is donating a year supply of ice cream
- Dankso is donating free pairs of Dansko Shoes
- Dakin Farm is donating Gift Cards
- Gardener’s Supply is donating Gift Cards
- Green Mountain Coffee is donating K-Cup Brewing Systems
- Stephen Kiernan is donating copies of his book “Authentic Patriotism”
- Vermont Creamery is donating Vermont Creamery Gift Baskets
- Vermont Smoke & Cure is donating RealSticks
- King Arthur Flour is donating Gift Cards
In addition to all those prizes and more, Cabot’s Reward Volunteers app will be awarding an all-expense paid 2015 Caribbean Cruise for you to join other community volunteers selected by Points of Light and AARP Create the Good.