The season’s best recipes to serve when friends and family drop by for holiday festivities.
Thanksgiving dinner has come and gone. Black Friday and Cyber Monday have passed. The time of year for holiday parties has officially swung into full gear. From now until New Year’s Day, friends and family will gather to celebrate the spirit of the season.
Parties at holiday time are a time-honored way to reconnect with friends and celebrate the spirit of love and joy. Serving great food is an important way to set the scene for your party’s success. It’s the time of year when it’s fun to prepare traditional favorites, but also a fine time to test your culinary creativity.For all of the #holiday gatherings, these treats are tasty, wholesome & easy to make. #Cheers Click To Tweet
No matter how you plan to entertain – casually with a few close friends, or elegantly pulling out all the stops – Cabot and members of the Cabot Cheese Board have recipes that will delight your guests. These holiday treats – appetizers, dips, and canapés – are tasty, made with wholesome ingredients, and easy to prepare, the better to enjoy your own party.
There are a few things you can do to make entertaining more enjoyable and less stressful, for both you and your guests. Here are six simple tips to help make your holiday party festive, fun, and full of holiday cheer:
- Keep it simple. A few fabulous food choices in plentiful supply will trump a complicated menu any day. Make dishes you’re confident in preparing and leave the complicated recipes for a more leisurely time.
- Plan (and prepare) ahead. Appetizers and dips that can be made ahead of time will allow you time to concentrate on your guests and not on last minute food prep.
- Set the tables for success. To keep everyone from congregating in one place, set food and drinks on tables around the room.
- Think light. Party season can be tough on those watching their weight. Be sure to have lighter, lower calorie food and beverages on hand – think veggies, not chips or wine spritzers instead of Cosmopolitans.
- Party when the sun’s out. Celebrations don’t have to be a nighttime thing. Invite friends over for hot chocolate and cookies and an afternoon of caroling or have a festive holiday brunch buffet.
- Don’t forget the tunes. With apps like Pandora and Spotify, it’s easy to set the perfect party mood with music.
Check out these yummy holiday recipes and make your celebration one to remember!
From All Day I Dream About Food
From West of the Loop
From The Little Kitchen
From Family Foodie
From Well Plated
From Mel’s Kitchen Café
Here are four of our very favorite party food recipes from the Cabot Kitchens, starting with our Number One most visited recipe, the simple and simply delightful Festive Cabot Cheddar Tree. This one never fails to impress your guests!
And finally, check out these quick videos for festive party appetizers from our kitchen to yours.
For lots more delicious recipes for your next party or your next meal, check out the many amazing Cabot recipes on our website.
If you would like to learn more about Cabot Creamery Cooperative, get more delicious recipes, or take a virtual tour of some of our 1,200 farm families, click here. If you find a recipe that you love on our site, please rate and review it – we appreciate your feedback!
You can also sign-up for our Newsletters so that you don’t miss a thing.
Candace Karu reports on all there is to discover and love about food and farming as well as communicating Cabot’s mission to support community, volunteerism, and sustainability. Whether online, on air, or in person, her job is to amplify the passion and commitment of the 1200 farm families who own Cabot. When Candace is not representing Cabot, she lives, cooks, and works out in Cape Elizabeth, Maine.