Shake the dust bunnies and stray cracker wrappers out of the backpacks, stuff them with crayons and books and (most importantly) snacks, and pick out that First Day Photo outfit: It’s almost Back to School time!Help your kids #BtheChange with these #backtoschool #tips. @Preserve Click To Tweet
Hopefully your kids are as excited to get back to the classroom as you are to get them out of the house! And though you’ll miss them, you can feel good about sending them back to school. They’ll get the basics, but they’ll also learn about healthy eating and exercise, civic responsibility, and how to “be the change we wish to see in the world.” And the good news is, you don’t have to be a math genius to reinforce those lessons at home.
In fact, you can do it all with one simple step: snack time:
- Keep these easy, healthy snacks in the fridge to take to work or for after school.
- Avoid takeout and unhealthy food by keeping make-ahead meals in the freezer for those crazy school nights.
- Make better choices in little things, like the containers you take your lunch and snacks to school or work in. Preserve Packs are made with 100% recycled plastic, they are reusable and dishwasher and microwave safe. This is a no-brainer. Plus, Preserve Sandwich Containers come with a Cabot coupon! Win-win. Find where to buy these great containers near you.
- When you’re making snacks or dinners, follow these tips to reduce kitchen waste.
Schools and Groups
- Cabot has some neat tools that you and your school can use! Everything from fundraising ideas, to scout patch programs, to nutritional activities. Learn more here.
Packable recipes for busy days:
Cabot & Preserve and so many other great companies are B Corporations. That means we are always striving to do better business, improve the world and our communities. Remind them now and again as they snack on cheese cubes from their Preserve Packs that they can make little choices to make the world a better place.
If you would like to learn more about Cabot Creamery Cooperative, get more snacking recipes, or take a virtual tour of some of our 1,200 farm families, click here. If you find a recipe that you love on our site, please rate and review it – we appreciate your feedback!
You can also sign-up for our Newsletters so that you don’t miss a thing.
Dr. Averill (aka <3Ave) is a long-time member of the Cabot team (ca. 2006) and a life-time lover of cheese (the sharper the better!). She’s always been moved by the Cabot commitment to the farmers, our communities, and making quality products. You can catch her on Twitter most of the time, where she leads the @cabotcheese tweeting. When she’s not talking cheese, she’s digging into the past, and just finished her PhD in History.