This is the time of year when family and friends gather together for holidays, homecoming, and just plain hanging out. There’s no better way to spend time together than gathering around the table for a meal.
We think there’s something really special about pies, whether they’re making their debut as the main course or punctuating the perfect meal with a sweet ending.
But before we start, we wanted to share a pie crust recipe that is so good, you’ll want to hand it down from generation to generation. Our Flaky Greek Yogurt Pie Crust is tender and light; it’s a fantastic foundation for a great pie.
And now, without further ado, Here are our Favorite Pie Recipes from the Farm Families who own Cabot and the Cabot kitchens:
1. Starting with our savory pie selections, we begin with a fun family favorite. Our recipe for Frito Chili Pie is so good and great for family dinners, potluck suppers, or any gathering. It’s easy to make and easier to love.
2. This hearty Chicken and Sweet Potato Pot Pie is a classic with a twist. Sweet potatoes, veggies and chicken are the wholesome basis for this comfort food pie. Adding the great taste of Cabot Cheddar makes for a healthy home run at dinnertime.
3. Our Make Ahead Spaghetti Pie is one of the most popular recipes on the Cabot website. It has all the great taste you want in a delicious Italian inspired dish. Make it ahead and dinnertime becomes a fun family event that everyone – even the cook – can enjoy.
4. For a distinctive south-of-the-border taste our Chicken Tortilla Pie is just what your family craves. It’s the perfect way to use left over chicken. Add spices like cumin and oregano, as well as chilies and rice, then top with tortillas. You have a pie that will turn dinner into a fiesta!
5. Our final savory pie is so light and so yummy, you’ll wonder why you didn’t try it sooner. Our Tomato Pie is a classic Lowcountry Southern standby that can be served as a luscious side dish. It also makes a delightful main dish for lunch or dinner – perfect with a fresh green salad. And now…on to pie’s sweeter side!
6. “Apple pie without the cheese is like a kiss without a squeeze.” At least that’s what my Grammy used to say. Here’s our recipe for the best Apple Pie ever, complete with a slice of cheddar to make it so much better.
7. Speaking of classics, pumpkin pie is practically the harbinger of the holiday season. Our recipe for the perfect Pumpkin Pie has a secret ingredient – Cabot Greek Yogurt. The yogurt gives this pie a creamy texture that takes it to the next level of greatness!
8. This Blueberry Lime Icebox Pie is the perfect ending to any meal. It’s light and fresh and full of wholesome ingredients. Just right for parties or a meal with the family.
9. Our next pie offering features a bit of the unexpected with a filling of roasted bananas. This Fresh Lime and Roasted Banana Pie lends a tropical vibe to your next gathering.
10. Do you feel like enjoying the great taste of apple pie with almost no work? Try this Apple Pie in a Bowl. Three simple, nutritious ingredients combine to give you that comforting apple pie taste with none of the labor. It’s delicious as a light dessert, and also just right as an after-school snack.
If you would like to learn more about Cabot Creamery Cooperative, get more delicious recipes, or take a virtual tour of some of our 1,000 farm families, click here. If you find a recipe that you love on our site, please rate and review it – we appreciate your feedback!
You can also sign-up for our Newsletters so that you don’t miss a thing.
Candace Karu reports on all there is to discover and love about food and farming as well as communicating Cabot’s mission to support community, volunteerism, and sustainability. Whether online, on air, or in person, her job is to amplify the passion and commitment of the 1,000 farm families who own Cabot. When Candace is not representing Cabot, she lives, cooks, and works out in Cape Elizabeth, Maine.