No matter who you’re rooting for on game day, no matter what the sport, having great food on hand makes any matchup more fun. Whether you are passionate about football, mad about hockey, or can’t get enough of college hoops, serving up serious snacks is bound to amp up the excitement.Curious to know what the @CabotCheese Team is making for #GameDay? Your wish is granted: http://ow.ly/I7TF8 Click To Tweet
At Cabot, we are definitely not immune to the excitement of a great sporting event. And we all love good food, especially the tasty treats that are perfect for tablegating – like dips and spreads, and cheeseballs.
Cabot’s Favorite Game Day Recipes
Featuring a lovely blend of Cabot cheddar, buffalo wing sauce, and Greek-style yogurt, our hearty recipe for artichoke & white bean buffalo dip doesn’t lack in the flavor department. It’s perfect for a crowd, and everyone will be asking you for the recipe.
Next up we have our recipe for the Best Pimento cheese. The tartness of the yogurt adds to the sharpness of the cheese and makes for a perfectly smooth pimento cheese. We doubt you will have any leftovers, but if you do, you can make one suberb grilled cheese!
The simple flavors in these Apple, Cheddar & Walnut Cheddar Toasts will take you far beyond football season! These crunchy toasts are perfect for any time of year, and they’re simple to put together – a win/win.
What’s the Cabot Team making for Game Day?
So by way of introducing some of the members of Cabot’s crack social media team, we’ve each chosen our favorite snacking recipe from the Cabot website. We hope our choices will help you as you plan your game day fare.
1. Regan Miller Jones is not only one of Cabot’s Registered Dietitians; she’s a devoted fan of college football and especially, her alma mater’s football team — the Auburn University Tigers. When the Tigers take to the field, Regan gets in the spirit by making Pimento Cheese.
2. Wendy Scherer is the guiding light for the Cabot social media team as well as being our most accomplished baker. When there’s a Baltimore Ravens game on TV, her go-to recipe is Frito Chili Pie. And she keeps it super easy by serving this fun, family-friendly concoction right from the bag!
3. If you’ve ever chatted on Twitter with @cabotcheese, you’ve probably met the funniest member of our team. Averill Earls is a girl who knows how to get a party started. And while she’s not a huge football fan, she follows the Buffalo Sabres during hockey season. Averill knows that one way to bring the game day party to a whole new level of fun is to serve this creamy, spicy Buffalo Chicken Dip.
4. Do you love the great pics on Instagram of yummy food, contented cows, and fun on the farm? Chances are those were posted by Rachael Clark. Rachael knows that serious game-watching requires serious snack food. So when she has friends over to cheer for her hockey heroes, the Montreal Canadiens, she serves this classic Cabot recipe for Chile con Queso. Simple & delicious!
5. Carolyn Kingston and her husband both grew up in New England cheering for the Patriots and now their two children have become Patriot Super Fans, too. When they’re home watching the game, their go-to tablegating snack is a Cabot favorite, the 5 Point Spread. It’s great as a dip for veggies or a spread on bread or crackers and hearty enough to keep a true fan’s energy up for the whole game.
6. And then there’s me, Candace Karu. Anyone who checks out the #DailyMoo on the Cabot Facebook page knows my handiwork. I love cows, but I don’t really follow sports. I do, however cheer for the home team at Downton Abbey. So while others may be screaming “touchdown,” I’m following the conflict of the Granthams versus the serving staff. On Sunday, I’ll don my pearls, pour a cup of tea and settle in with my favorite Cabot Cheddar Cheese Crackers.
For even more game day inspiration here are Cabot’s favorite recipes for entertaining during the big game!
If you would like to learn more about Cabot Creamery Cooperative, get more delicious game day recipes, or take a virtual tour of some of our 1,200 farm families, click here. If you find a recipe that you love on our site, please rate and review it – we appreciate your feedback!
You can also sign-up for our Newsletters so that you don’t miss a thing.
*updated post – originally posted 1/29/15