Chicken - A 2 Day Supper Meal Plan
The fragrant brown basmati rice gently bakes in the oven on one rack while thyme-topped chicken thighs brown above.
When they're done, set half of the rice and chicken aside for the next day. Stir some cheddar and sour cream into the remaining rice, steam some broccoli, and ring the dinner bell.
The next night is even easier!
Chop the reserved chicken, mix in a can of tomatoes with chilies, and layer with the rest of the rice plus some flour tortillas and cheese for an entirely different Chicken Tortilla Pie.
- 2 yellow onions
- Green onions (need about 2)
- Fresh cilantro (need a few tablespoons chopped)
- 1 head fresh broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups brown basmati rice
- 4 flour tortillas (multigrain, whole wheat or white)
- 10-ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh thyme (need 8 sprigs) or dried thyme leaves (need 2 teaspoons)
- Ground cumin (need 1 teaspoon)
- Dried oregano (need 1 teaspoon)
- 8 medium skin-on,bone-in chicken thighs
- Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar or Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar (need 9 ounces)
- 1/2 cup Cabot Light Sour Cream