Supper number one features homemade fish sticks with a golden cheesy coating.
The Panko crumbs and cheese are pre-baked for about 5 minutes to give them color, crunch and the flavor of those delectable bits of toasty cheddar that drip off a grilled cheese sandwich. Serve them with a veggie or store-bought slaw. For little dippers, you can add some marinara or tartar sauce.
Since you’ve baked some unadorned fish along with the sticks, the next supper is a California breeze. Make a quick salsa of sweet mandarin oranges and avocado, a simple crema from Greek Yogurt, and shred a little cabbage. Microwave the fish, toast some corn tortillas and let everyone wrap up dinner their way.
If you have leftover Greek-style yogurt, check out our quick recipes, including this spectacular one for Strawberry Ice Cream that is ready to serve in minutes, no ice cream maker required!
- 1 ripe avocado
- Fresh limes (need 1 1/2 tablespoons juice)
- Red or green cabbage (need 1 1/2 cups shredded)
- Panko (Japanese-style) breadcrumbs (need 1 cup)
- King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour (need 1/2 cup)
- 8 corn tortillas (6-inch)
- Marinara sauce or tartar sauce for dipping fish sticks (optional)
- 11-ounce can mandarin oranges
- 1 1/2 pounds cod, haddock or mahi mahi fillets
- 2 large eggs
- Chili powder (need 1 teaspoon)
- Ground cumin (need 2 teaspoons)
- Cabot Plain Greek Yogurt (2% or 10%) (need 3/4 cup)
- Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar (about 4 ounces)
- Cabot Light Pepper Jack, Cabot Light Jalapeño Cheddar, Cabot Chipotle Cheddar or Cabot Habanero Cheddar (about 1 cup grated)