Vegetarian Menu Planner
This meal plan offers five simple veggie-centric weeknight entrée recipes, side dish recommendations, and a shopping list
This 5-day dinner meal plan and shopping list serves up five days of vegetable-centric dinner meals for a Monday through Friday full of satisfying, nutritious dinners that let vegetables and grains shine at the center of the plate. Each entrée is between 200 and 400 calories, simple and quick to make, and limits saturated fat. Add on your favorite side dishes and seasonal vegetables, and you’ll be ready for a week’s worth of veggie-filled dinners! A shopping list is included for all the main dishes in this meal plan.
- 250 calories, 5g saturated fat (25% DV), 40% calories from fat, 11g protein
Pairing Suggestion: A warm roll and a Tex-Mex inspired salad of romaine, tomatoes, black olives, and black beans with light ranch dressing.
- 318 calories, 3.5g saturated fat (18%DV), 18% calories from fat, 19g protein
Pairing Suggestion: Steamed broccoli seasoned with a pinch of salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning blend.
Pairing Suggestion: Your favorite bread and carrots drizzled with maple syrup and roasted until tender.
- 150 calories, 2g saturated fat (10%DV), 42% calories from fat, 8g protein (about two caps per person)
Pairing Suggestion: Brown rice seasoned with rosemary, thyme, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- 371 calories, 10g sat fat (50%DV), 46% calories from fat, 16g protein
Pairing Suggestion: A salad of romaine, diced pear, green onion, and sliced avocado, topped with light blue cheese dressing.
Shopping List: Veggies at the Center of the Plate
Fresh Fruits, Vegetables, and Herbs
- Fresh cilantro – 1 Tbsp
- Garlic cloves – 5
- Pear – 1 (or apple if no pears available)
- Portobello mushroom caps – 4 Caps
- Sweet onion (Vidalia or Walla Walla) – 1 Large
- Thyme leaves, fresh – ½ Tsp (can use dry thyme, if needed)
- Tomato – 1 Large
- Yellow bell pepper – 1 Medium
- Frozen bell pepper blend – 1 Cup
- Frozen chopped spinach – ¼ Cup
Grains, Breads, Pastas
- Dreamfields Elbows pasta – 1 (13.25-ounce) Box
- Tricolor quinoa – 1 Cup
- Whole wheat breadcrumbs – ½ Cup
- Whole wheat sandwich bread – 4 Slices
- Cabot Pepper Jack, block or shredded – 1 Block or 1 ½ Cups
- Cabot Plain Greek Yogurt – ½ Cup
- Cabot Salted Butter – 1 Tsp
- Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar – 3 Ounces
- Cabot Sharp Light Cheddar – 11 Ounces
- Reduced fat (2%) milk – 1/3 Cup
- Lime juice – 1 Tsp
- Mango chutney – 2 Tbsp
- Reduced-fat mayonnaise – 1 Tbsp
- Salsa verde, pre-made – 2/3 Cup
You will also need these items from your pantry: Canola oil, chili powder, cooking spray, cumin, Dijon mustard, hot sauce (such as Tabasco), pepper, red wine vinegar, salt, thyme.